Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father’s Day-Studio G Stamps 252-253-254-255

IMG_5344 (649x800)Scribbling some distress inks on my craft mat and adding water liberally with a spray bottle i dragged my water color piece through it and dried with a heat gun to move the color around. I then put a bit of dylusions spray into a small spray bottle and added a bit of water to tone down the black soot a bit. then sprayed that over the watch stencil for the second layer of back ground. Next I took my little set of Studio G stamps and inked them up with different Ranger Distress inks and stamped the stamps and immigration stamps for a bit of color. I added black soot to the watch image and sprayed with water and then stamped that making another layer.
I stamped the watch image in black soot on a separate scrap piece of card stock. Next I took a teeny swipe with Wild Honey Distress ink on to the craft mat and added a bit of Ranger Glossy Accents and mixed it with a brush and brushed it onto the watch face. I let it dry and then put it in freezer and cracked it. Cut it out and adhered it to the computer generated sentiment that I tore and distressed.
It looked a wee bit bare so I added the Ranger Hemp cord in gray and then a friend set me these wonderful die cut feathers. I added a bit of brilliance silver to the feather with my finger to tone down the black a bit and that was the finishing touch.
This is so WAAAAY not my usual way of stamping but i love this creation that found it's way out of my heart.
My husband enjoys old watches, birds and vintage stamps. It is the perfect creation for him for Father's day. Thanks for looking. I will date this to post after Father’s Day cuz he follows my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of spraying and swiping for this card. I love the outcome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.