Monday, June 23, 2014

it’s been awhile

Summer’s are like that and while we still haven’t really gotten only a day or too of really pleasant weather, the summer schedule is here.  Which means, baby showers, wedding showers, graduation parties, weddings.  We have only been fishing once.  I think my worms in the extra fridge are dead.  ewwww….  It’s been too cold to go out and really enjoy any fishing and with all the dampness the mosquitoes are flourishing and nothing seems to keep them away.  I spent a couple of days in Green Bay.  A friend of mine had a surgery and I sat with her through that and then watched her grand kids for her for a couple of days.  So life moves on in spite of the weather.  Of course the day I sat in the hospital with her it was a GORGEOUS day.  When they took her in for surgery I took myself outside for a walk.  ahhhh sunshine!

So I haven’t been home much to be creative.  Here’s one I made for the MFT181 sketch challenge.  I missed last weeks sketch. I flipped the sketch and used the die cut flowery vine as the strip that goes across.  That’s what I like about sketches, they are just jumping off points. 

IMG_5648 (800x624)

MFTWSC181

 

DETAILS:

DIES: MFT Blueprints 5 and 15

Top Dog Dies Madison Doily

Flowery strip was given to me as a gift. Thanks Princess Judy. 

Flower Stamp from Prickley Pear Hibiscus I used a stylus on the front part of the stamp and layered it over an image I  stamped of the same flower on the doily.  I popped up the entire frame with dimensionals.  Tag Sentiment is from same Prickley Pear set.

1 comment:

  1. Great card! I love the scalloped window and the flower layered over the die cut and the vine and... oh, everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.