Monday, June 23, 2014

Stamp 257 SU

This was made with scraps from the desk after I cleaned it up last night.  Even the base was a scrap as it had a smudge of black ink on it.  I covered it up with the embossed birthday panel that I received as a protector in a card that was mailed to me. (I usually save those things.) Winking smile

I found this very pretty Hibiscus ribbon at Hancock Fabrics yesterday. They didn’t have much in the line of stamping and this ribbon was clearanced at nineteen cents a yard, uhm yeah, that’s coming home with me.  There were two yards and ten inches on the spool.  Forty three cents total.  After I used my bow easy to make that beautiful bow I had the scrap underneath left.  It didn’t quite fit to tape it to the back of the panel and I decided to tie it in the middle and make a NEW kind of ribbon for me. Now there’s a tip for ya!!  I love the way it turned out. The little Stampin Up image is colored with copics and there you have a cute birthday card to keep on hand.  Used my Gold Viva Pearl Pen to make the brad and the little flower centers.

IMG_5645 (670x800)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card all around--the embossing, the ribbon (nifty way you used it too), and the image. A happy birthday card for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.