Wednesday, November 12, 2014

GREAT NEWS!! Prickley Pear News

You all know how much I have enjoyed playing with my oh so cute, softly vintage like, Prickley Pear Stamps.  Oh my word.  I have had a hard time keeping this under my hat.  It was so exciting to be chosen as a Guest Designer for them.  I was so excited to receive my box of stamping goodness from them.  Dies, stamps, clear stamps, red rubber, sentiments…..what to make first???
IMG_6755 (797x1024)
Since Thanksgiving is upon us I chose this beautiful harvest pumpkin.  Using my distress markers scribbled onto my craft mat I picked up the color with a water brush.  This is done on regular card stock and  I tried to use a light hand at coloring in the image.  This image was a bonus because it has the dies to go with it. So easy, so much more fun than fussy cutting everything, eh? I was able to cut the leaves and the pumpkin at the same time and then stamp the image onto the already cut die. For the leaves, I spritzed my colors on the craft mat so they ran together and then pressed the leaves into that color. 
For the main panel I used the Scalloped Circle die in two sizes and embossed them instead of cutting them for a nice classic look that wouldn’t detract from that beautiful harvest pumpkin.  I then curved the sentiment from the clear stamps and placed that inside the scallops.  I mounted the sentiment onto a see through stamp press with grids.
Before mounting the pumpkin to the Kraft piece I turned it over and used my stylus to rub on it and give it some dimension.  It really added a nice touch of realism to it.
Thanks for taking the time to visit and I do hope you’ll visit the Prickley Pear store.  I will link the products I used down below; in case you might want a closer look.  Open-mouthed smile  This ends up being Stamp #372 in my stash. IMG_6750 (1024x768)IMG_6759 (1024x768)
PRODUCTS USED:
Scalloped Circle Nesting Dies
Pumpkin Set 2 Clear Stamp Set

4 comments:

  1. Great idea on curving the sentiments and fun way to color the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you've done with these PPRS goodies! So creative and a beautiful design!!! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embossed circles look amazing!!!! I really need to try this! Beautiful dimension on your pumpkin. Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of techniques happening here. You make them all work together well for an awesome card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.