Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Prickley Pear Rose

Isn’t this just the prettiest little rose?  This is one of the red rubber images from Prickley Pear.  They stamp so clear, so beautiful.  I had this piece of cardstock left over from a previous project with the bricks on it and thought it would make a great back ground for this pretty rose.
This was pretty straight forward stamping so I only have the one picture.  Wish I would have taken pictures at the time I was using that pretty translucent embossing paste.  I just added a bit of black ink from a distress marker to give it a bit of brick color look.  Since it was a scrap the bricks are only on part of the piece I used which gives it a really nice look, I think.
I colored the image with colored pencils and let the Dove blender pen soften the colored lines.  Then using a punch I made a little frame for the image.  What I learned about corner punches is you need to cut your layering piece (the layer you are going to punch) 1/2 in larger than the piece you are going to put in the frame.  So if you have a two inch square image piece you need to cut your frame piece to  two and half inches and then it will fit perfectly.
IMG_6760 (830x1024)
I added the greeting from the Hibiscus set, trimmed out a banner for it and added a tiny piece of braided thread I snipped off a clothing tag.  A few spatters of “paint” with a brush and mounting the frame piece with dimensionals made this a really simple card with lots of elegance.  As I looked at it though, if felt it needed a touch of stickles glitter and that just finished it off.  This was a wonderfully simple card to make.
Prickley Pear Products that I used:
Rose Bunch –Red Rubber Stamp
Hibiscus 2 Clear Stamp Set

1 comment:

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.