Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sometimes things need to be simple

Do you ever feel rushed when making a card or project?  When you do,  it is time to pull out something like these beautiful images from Penny Pierick called Susan Louise images.  You may want to take the time to click HERE to see the gorgeous hand drawn images that Penny does.  These are printed on Tim Holtz specialty paper and when you use distress inks with them they will be very reactive when water is spritzed or splattered on them and have cool effects. 

I didn’t use water for mine.  All I did was die cut the image with a Spellbinders oval.  Leaving the die in place, I sponged lightly with Pumice Stone distress ink in the middles fading to the outside edge and then sponged Tea Dye from the outside edges in, leaving it lightest in the middle. I used a Spellbinders shapeabilities tag to add a sentiment from Stampin Up.

I found a piece of Paper Studio DP to match the holly on the sled and used that as a thin border.  I knew I wanted to use this very elegant red velvet like paper that I picked up at Michaels and it made the perfect back drop for this beautiful sled.  A piece of Gold ribbon and that’s how simple it was.  Thanks for looking, you will do yourself a favor to check out the Susan Louise Arts images.   They are so beautiful and something in lots of different venues.

IMG_6951 (701x800)

1 comment:

  1. This card has a great vintage feel to it! The red velvet paper and that bright gold ribbon really pull it all together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.