Sunday, January 8, 2017

Distress Crayons #1

These crayons came to live with me several months ago and i never even tried them.   Now I have  I used Strathmore water color paper on the rough side.  My spray bottle came in handy to completly wet the paper before playing.  After spraying i scribbled with three different crayons and then moved onto the blending step.  I just used my finger to push the colors into one another and PUSH, I did!  For me the colors did not move easily and they are a bit waxy.  When I stamped my images on the blended color it didn’t take the ink very well.  I couldn’t re-stamp as I was using wooden stamps.  I will try again but I think i would much rather use the distress inks and markers to get an easily smooth blend to the back ground.  I don’t feel the coverage was really good with this either.

IMG_8800 (800x647)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.