Wednesday, January 11, 2017

one of a kind

This cute little seahorse has been hanging around since last winter i think.  Look, he’s turning blue with cold.  When I decided to use my postage stamp die my first thought was to cut four of them and arrange them like tiles in the middle of the card with a die cut or stamped and cut image right in the center.  For some reason i just didn’t like that look and decided to use each of the four squares as a background for a cute image.  I sponged each of the squares with a distress ink in an ombre look and found my images to use.  This guy is so happy to be anchored to something that looks like the sea instead of floating randomly on my crafting table. 

The paper is back ground paper not something i stenciled.  Even though it looks like a stencil.  It was fun to pair this guy with the wonky stitched die from MFT.  To have the stitching show up a bit more i ran a blue marker over the pointy edges on the die before sending the DP through the Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by.  Love all my crafty friends. 

Challenge: Simon Says Be Square  *  Word Art Wednesday

 

IMG_8809 (744x800)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet card. I love how you used pearl dots as little bubbles. Awesome! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.