Monday, January 23, 2017

Interesting

IMG_8823 (651x800)

Interesting piece.  Does this look like it came off from a wall at the art museum?  Saturday several moms and daughters got together at a friends home and we all worked on our own projects.  There were three sewing machines, a silhouette, a scrap booker, and me playing with water colors.  I made a couple of Brusho back grounds just to get the creative juices flowing and then I stamped on this back ground.  At the end of the day it was the one piece i had done that i didn’t really like.  I had only taken my Distress Markers and the pinkish color that i had used on the stamp just didn’t stand out on the background and looked quite boring. 

Today I positioned the stamp a bit offset on my MISTI and inked it up with gold embossing ink, sprinkled some ranger gold powder on it and heated it.  Wow, what a difference.  I took my green marker and added a bit of detail to the stem and leaves that i had drawn on free hand.  The tim holtz sizzix Friends die went perfectly with this loose looking image. I mounted it on a piece of black with a very thing border and also onto a piece of gold that if you look closely you can see.  To add some texture i used my kiwi green Viva Pearl Pen for the flower center.  I now LOVE this card.  I can hardly believe I made it.  Smile   don’t you love it when that happens?  I hope you enjoy it as much as i do.  Thanks for stopping by again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.