Wednesday, January 11, 2017

It’s Hip to be Square

Be honest, did you start singing that right away?  I love most of the eighties music.  Maybe cuz our kids listened and appreciated all the nuances of the shift in music at that time.  Okay, here’s the song for ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB5YkmjalDg&list=RDLB5YkmjalDg

Simon Says is HIP.  they have a Monday Square challenge going on.  I made four cards and will post each separate for their challenge.  I’ve been wanting to use my postage die for about four months now and just never had an idea for it.  I saw Kristina and Jennifer I think using their postage stamp edges way back in the summer and I liked the look and filed away the nudge.

I had lots of fun with such a simple piece.  My first card is 4.25 square with it’s own matching envelope.  The overlay is from a pack of 30 that i purchased on Michaels clearance.  You can’t see from the picture but when I used spray adhesive on the back and tried to lay the piece straight onto the card base it shifted and left me with a bit of a glue problem.  I grabbed my Art Impressions crystal glitter and made it work FOR me.  It turned out so beautiful.  Wish you could see the sparkle.

IMG_8808 (800x600)

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, feminine card and I love the pretty die cut butterfly ~ it looks as if it's fluttered right onto the corner of the page! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.