Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Simon Says Challenge~What are you known for

What a great challenge: Make a card/project about what you are known for;  and it really got me thinking.  I know I haven’t yet figured out my style of stamping, I do like kind of plain not a lot of embellishments.  I’m trying to grab onto more techniques and try other things but I always go back to “kind of plain” or CAS clean and simple as it’s called.  But what I am really known for is my Bread Baking abilities.  I bake artisan breads at home and they always get rave reviews.  I don’t have a stone oven but I do use an oven stone.  This very old retired stamp from Stampin Up came to my mind and I bought this set years ago because I liked to bake bread ever since I can remember.  Here is my entry, a slightly interactive card.  You can open the oven door and see the bread.  I did a bit of Tole on it to give the bread a puffy look. Everything is colored with copics.  And I had to use bakers twine as when I gift or sell my bread I wrap it in parchment paper and tie it up with bakers twine. DSC03130

DSC03129IMG_0217

3 comments:

  1. How fun is this inspiration!! YUM! Bliss indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! That bread looks delicious....reminds me I need to bake some. I love the card also and that oven stamp is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, love the twine and your dimensional image. Your bread looks yummy. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.