Friday, January 25, 2013

Simon Says Paper Piecing Challenge

I wanted to play in Simon Says challenge but I really would rather use stamps they sell.  I went looking through their site and saw SaraKay  stamps.  I love her cute images and I do have a couple but I could only find one and it was the perfect one for this challenge.  My inspiration came from Edith, my 95 year old stamping friend.  I visited her today and she had made several cards similar to this one.  She embossed a couple of pieces for me and I came home and wanted to create something with this right away.  I did as she had done and cut some of the triangles out with a craft knife.  Yep, she’s pretty amazing.  It’s kind of a take off from hers, I wish I had taken pictures of hers, you would be amazed.
Her little hat and halter top and patch are paper pieced.  I removed the garden scissors she had in her hand and replaced it with a heart. I stamped her twice, basic colored the bottom one, Copic colored the top image and sandwiched the two together with pop dot adhesives and then popped her up again on the card.  Lots of dimension.  Added a bit of bling to the bow on her hat and we have a cutie pie. 
DSC03156

2 comments:

  1. I love this....I sure hope I can still Stamp when I am in my 90's.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous card, one of my favourites stamps and brilliant embossing.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.