Sunday, October 5, 2014

Journal page 2

With October being breast cancer awareness month and all the stamping activities that are surrounding this month, I wanted to make a page depicting feelings about this unfortunate disease.   Many of my friends have gone through many different kinds of cancer.  I wish there was less money being made off from cancer treatments and more affordable ways for people to get care. This art is being entered into Simon says Monday challenge. The finishing step was stamping on acrylic.
Here’s my page and here’s the explanation behind it.  These are all Gina K Designs images.
IMG_6713
For Laurie's ABC (anything but a card)  challenge on StampTV  i chose to make my 2nd ever journal page. I scouted out a variety of GKD stamps from my collection and turned them into a collage of hope. Many of my friends have gone through breast cancer and its treatments. I think the first thing they understandably feel is Fear. I took the Grow Old w/me sentiments stamp to depict that. I wanted to incorporate all the seasons as usually treatment takes longer than a year. Since C is world wide I used the globe. I used the bird for hope besides the Hope in the center of the world. I used the Celebrate dress stamp b/c there is a celebration each time they go back for review and are cancer free. I used the Home because cancer affect the home life so much. The couch and On the road sentiment seem to be what i hear most often. "I can't seem to get off the couch until it's time for my next treatment" I wanted mostly monochromatic but a touch of color. I faux stitched the side to signify the unraveling that accompanies this hated disease. I stamped the Thank you friend sentiment in green as how many times a cancer patient says Thank you to her friends for keeping her going. And lastly I added the Hope ribbon in GKD pink gingham with an acrylic image of Melanie's Hand stamp with the word Prayers in the middle that i cut out from the frame. Thanks for the idea, Laurie.  I had thought of making a page about cancer but didn't know how I was going to do it in a positive way. I hope you can see all the detail. Thanks for looking and taking the time to read. hugs.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely page Janeen. My Mom is a survivor and I really like that you made you page positive. I've wanted to start and art journal for so long and am clueless about where to start plus I have no idea when I would fit it in. LOL You did a wonderful job. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sweet collage Janeen! I love your pink ribbon along with all the other elements to this meaningful art journal page! Hugs dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.