Friday, October 3, 2014

FIRST JOURNAL PAGE

My first art journal page.  I’m so excited.  I got my journal while in Colorado this past summer at the bookstore Allan Zink took Nancy and me to.  I didn’t intend to purchase one but while we were looking around I saw this and it was water color safe so it had a new home from that day forward.  Summer has been so very active I didn’t have time to play in with it.  But my online stamping friend JoAnn Crayton encouraged me by posting pics of her first journal.  It looked so fun I had to get started.

My first page is going to be entered into Simon’s Monday Challenge Finishing touch.  After all my other steps, it just needed a little something in that corner and I inked up my MFP foxy autumn stamp sprayed it with a bit of water and pressed and just like that I qualify to enter this challenge. Red heart  Well the other leaves would have qualified me too but I think Mr. Fox stamp was the finishing touch.

IMG_6691 (800x600)

I actually taped this leaf to the page.  It was such a gorgeous red when I found it and put it beside Gilbert’s plate that night at supper and he enjoyed it too.  It needed a permanent home. 

I marker colored distress inks on my mat and pressed the leaf into it to get the color to make the shadow leaf beside it.   Love when what’s inside of me comes out in art.

Thanks for looking and being a part of my new journey.

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely journal page and you should be very proud of it being your first one! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a real leaf? I remember seeing real leaves like that many, many, many years ago.... it's gorgeous. Great first journal page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.