Monday, October 20, 2014

Using Stencils

IMG_6767 (900x1024)

This sun ray stencil from MFT intrigued me from the first time I saw it.  I wanted to give this card a bit of a distressed look with the Kraft paper and Stencil Paste from Dream Weavers.  I smeared it on and then roughed it up a bit with my palette knife. 

I used the MFT curved die to cut right around that sentiment.  That sentiment is on a wooden block so there was no way to stamp it but like this.  I was glad I had the die to use this way.  I covered up the glue on the vellum with my strategically placed tabs.   All in all I liked the effect.  But it took me a long time to make this card.  I just couldn’t get it to come together the way I wanted. 

I like what someone said, just wait and look at it a couple of days later and then you usually like it better.

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comment:

  1. I like the kraft with the sunrays and the pop of yellow. This is a fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.