Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Trying a new Technique

IMG_6784 (822x1024)

So I’ve never tried this technique before and didn’t really enjoy it.  Maybe if I would have had a new pencil with a brand new eraser the dots would have stamped better.  I like the end result of the card with that wonderful organza ribbon from SU.  I think they do have THE BEST organza ribbons on the market.  (I have never been affiliated with them in any way besides a customer)  I just love some of their supplies.

I also tried the “faux” inlay technique.  I cut an oval into the layer I was going to use as my top piece and then cute all three of the oval pieces at the same time through the Big Shot.  Then piece them into the hole that was cut into that top layer.  I rather like the look but it seemed the ovals stretched a bit and I had a difficult time getting them to lay completely flat into the oval cut.  But I rather like the look of it.

This was a Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps Snow Flake die.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little card. I taught the use the erase as a polka dot technique once. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.