Thursday, April 24, 2014

Inspired by….

Other peoples inspiration!  Adding this to the month long challenge at Dream Weavers.  The more I see of the stencil work and different ways to use them I got inspired to try a little something different.   Birds also inspire me and I saw some gorgeous Cedar Wax Wings yesterday on my walk.  Spring is coming……..sigh….I get so weary waiting for it.  Everyday looking for some sunshine, some warm temps.  But alas, it stays South.   Oh well, it’s always a fun day in the stamping room and we can make spring happen in there.  I love how these colors turned out.

Using a plastic stencil by Heidi Swapp I used two different types of paste.  The Original DreamWeavers and then also their Pearlescent Paste on the bird.  Usually I try to get the paste all smooth but after seeing the work of others I thought a little texture would be nice on this large image. After it all dried I stippled color onto all parts with small stipple brushes.  I love how shiny the bird turned out.  After cutting the piece to size I used Peeled Paint distress inks on the edges to bring the eye to the center of the card.  Then I went looking for matting papers.  I found this wonderful small print and grabbed it out, cut it to size and then started reading it….guess what???  it’s all about BIRDS.  what a cool serendipity choice. 

IMG_4804 (800x600)

Authentique background papers

Stippled with SU colors.

Viva Pearl Pen

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. I love the way you have added texture with the embossing paste and also your colouring and inking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I love the texture you added to your paste!!! Gorgeous bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I like the texture of the past and the colors, perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.