Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Stamp 192 PSX Ivy

Inspiration challenge at Dream Weavers.  Here’s the inspiration picture. wisteria in Angwin  I liked the purple colors with the green and that ivy running up the tree.  It reminds me of old Southern homes with their fancy skeleton keys. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here’s what I came up with.  This was a fun challenge to enter.   ~~I used Dream Weavers original embossing paste and sprinkled silver embossing powder on the keys.  I let that dry and then used the heat gun on it in the morning.  I added the silver cord to the ribbon to mimic the trailing vines of the Wisteria.  Mounted it on the purple because of the Wisteria color and stamped the ivy trail along the edge.  I quite like how this turned out and it could easily be a masculine card.

IMG_4653 (800x584) (2)

Supplies:

Brass stencil –Momenta Keys

Plastic Stencil- The Crafters Work Shop (clocks)

Image-PSX mini English Ivy

Dream Weavers Original Paste

Silver Emobssing Powder

Recollections Ribbon

SU silver Cord

MFT Grape Jelly Card Stock

11 comments:

  1. I like your interpretation of the inspiration photo - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your interpretation of the wisteria. Beautiful plants. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool keys Janeen. Thanks for joining our Dreamweaver challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for joining the DW challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Janeen. What a clever way to get the "silver paste look" with regular paste and embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh..... very pretty purple and silver. I loved hearing how your interpreted the photo and what came from that inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at the colors are a great way to get inspiration! What a neat card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Card. Love the way you used the keys over your background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynell will be so tickled that her photo was your inspiration! Very cool card. I love skeleton keys, I have a collection of them that I want to do something creative with, just haven't figured out exactly what I want to do yet. Nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at Dreamweaver!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Janeen. I too love skeleton keys, and have a few that belonged to my grandma (who actually used them...LOL) The silver embossing makes these keys look truly vintage. I'm so happy you could play along with the Dreamweaver challenge. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just love the stencil that you took the keys from? Love your creation! Very vintage! Thanks for playing with the Dreamweaver challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.