Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Stamp 184 Simon Says Kit Card

Happy Birthday to Simon Says for 5 years of challenges given out.  That’s lots of creativity.  I wanted to share my Birthday card for them.
I picked up a stencil for three bucks on the clearance of Hobby Lobby.  I had to try it.  First I ran the plastic stencil through my Big Shot to emboss the numbers.  I put the stencil on the underneath side of the cardstock so the numbers would be raised.  Then leaving the stencil in place, I diluted some dylusions spray and sprayed away.  Loved the effect.  Now my stencil was all covered with pretty pink spray so I took a piece of water color paper, spritzed it and layed it on top of the stencil.  OOPS  when you do that words and numbers come out backwards.  Don't tell anyone smile  But we never throw things away being crafty stamping people.  I thought it looked kind of cool; kind of like past and present;  and decided to cut both pieces in half and layer them together.  The ribbon covers the seamed card stocks.  Mounted it on a black piece and trimmed the edge with a mini scallop die.  The sentiment image is a SIMON EXCLUSIVE product from their May 2012 Card Kit.  I sure am getting a lot of mileage out of that kit. Made me a banner sentiment and called it done.  I like it!
IMG_4556 (695x800)
SUPPPLIES:
Stencil:  Mini numbers Collage-The Crafters Workshop
Image: Simon Says Stamp
Sentiment: High Hopes- Swinging Birthday
Ribbon: Michaels
Water Color Paper, Dylusions Distress Spray diluted

1 comment:

  1. I like how the numbers are all jumbled up, some forward, some backward, some solid, some not. It reminds me of when you ask someone their age and they fudge about it--you can see all the possible numbers rolling around in their head.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.