Thursday, April 3, 2014

Stamps 181-182

I really wanted to get this set marked OFF my list.  I have used the bird image already but this time I just inked him up and not the branch he is sitting on.  I plopped him onto the vertical pussy willows and then stamped the smaller of the two images in front of him.   So this was two different sizes of the same image from MFT.  Neither of these has seen ink yet so it felt good to get them inky.  I did have a time with this card though.  Some cards are like that.  I kept smearing the ink and I even dried it.  I wiped it off with a baby wipe.  That’s what happens when the card stock is too smooth.  I like cardstock that has a little more tooth to it.  Then I stamped the sentiment crooked so had to cover that up.  I was glad when it was finished.  Yeah, you guessed right.  I needed another sympathy card.  So many of our older friends are passing on.  It’s astounding how many people we know that have died in the last six months.  Guess it is to be expected as lots of these folks are in their eighties plus.  It doesn’t stop the feeling of loss though.  I always feel for the spouse left behind.  I hope my little creations bring them a source of soothing peace.

IMG_4477

SUPPLIES:

Images and sentiment:  Mark’s Finest Papers –Spring Pussy Willows

Inks:  Memento Petal Inks

Michaels twine

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done janeen. Chickadees are one of my favorite little visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a lovely card. I'm sorry you struggled with it so. I know how that goes. That stamp set is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! This is lovely! It will definitely bring comfort! I am so sorry you have seen so much loss in the past few months! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.