Tuesday, April 8, 2014

MIA Stamp #183

It seems I’ve been MIA for awhile and it has been five days since I posted.  I’ve been doing a lot of digi-scrap booking and it seems I get taken up by one or the other and can’t seem to fit them both in .  My stamp room was all cleaned and just sitting there, that should have been inspiration enough.  

As usual when I can’t seem to get started if I use a sketch it usually goes pretty well.  I used the sentiment in place of the two little tags.  I cut the sentiment apart and made it into two pieces. 

I took my distress inks in four different colors and rubbed them on my craft sheet and sprayed them.  Then layed the regular cardstock over the wet inks and pressed.  I then took a silicone basting brush that I keep in my craft room and kind of blended the edges of the colors together.  I stamped and colored the images, cut the main piece down  and used the cuttle bee tool with my scor buddy to give a pierced look to the main panel.  Matted with two different colors of purples and there you have it.  I love these enamel dots from My Mind’s Eye.   They just fill in the holes.

Entering in MFT Sketch Challenge 170

MFTWSC170IMG_4539 (625x800)

SUPPLIES:

IMAGE:  Mark’s Finest Papers

Senitment: Sweet N Sassy

My minds eye enamels

Distress inks: Ranger

Cuttlebee and Scor-Pal

http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/stamp-and-win-with-this-weeks-card-sketch-170/

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janeen. This is a beautiful card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty flower card, just right for a sympathy occasion and a great take on the sketch, Janeen! So glad you are having fun with the digi scapping!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! This is a wonderful uplifting sympathy card! Love the enamel dots and pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card with pretty colors. You did good on that background. I love those little dots for accents.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.