Saturday, April 12, 2014

Stamps 188 & 189 StampScapes

Playing in the MFT sketch 171 Challenge and also Simon Says Monday Journey challenge.  Three cards in one, I wanted to play in both these challenges and my husband wanted me to make a get well card for a friend of his. 
IMG_4600 (658x800)
MFTWSC171I have tried twice before to use these two stamps from Stamp Scapes and ended up trashing the pieces.  Just couldn’t make them work for a big card.  But I am very happy with what this smaller die cut version ended up like. I used distress inks on my craft mat and sprayed both the cardstock and the mat with water before carefully laying the already stamped card stock piece down.  I popped a second fussy cut image over the water to give it a bit more dimension.
It was kind of fun matching the papers but that was the most difficult part. 


THE DETAILS:
Sentiment: My Favorite Things
Images: Stamp Scapes
DIES:  Spellbinders
Papers: GKD Grateful Hearts, Fancy Pants-Park Bench
Embossing folders: Lifestyle Crafts and CuttleBug
Buttons: My Minds Eye-Lost and Found Christmas
Colored with Copics and Ranger Distress Inks

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card. The torn edge adds a lovely texture. Charming scene. Thanks for joining us this week on our journey at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the sketch! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I would have realized that these stamps were Stampscapes if you hadn't mentioned it. They are in such a different setting than you usually see Stampscapes in... yet, not really. I hope that makes perfect sense. Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice project. The style is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.