Thursday, February 20, 2014

#144- My new GKD stamp

So I won this wonderful stash of goodies over on the Stamp TV site and was also featured card for the week.  That honor was for the Black and White Sympathy card I posted last week.   I love winning new goodies cuz I have myself on a spending freeze for stamping stuff since I want to USE up what I have.  and there’s lots, every once in a while I freeze myself for a couple of months.  it’s a good practice.

This simple card just went together as easy as you please.  Faux stitching of course, a bity of shabby chic look to use up the last of that paper.  though it is so beautiful I really had to make myself use the last piece.  always saving it for that SPECIAL card you want to make, you stampers know how it is.  Funny thing, I must have been saving it for such reason a long time ago because it was hiding in a drawer and I didn’t even know I had it and had used a piece of it before, too!  See, that’s what’s good about the spending freeze.  I am entering this into Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge-Make a Wedding or an Anniversary card.

IMG_3864 (800x600)IMG_3861 (753x800)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SUPPLIES:

Image: GKD

Dies: Spellbinders

Punch: Lacy scallop Martha Stewert

Old Olive ink

 

IMG_3865

and now….putting this card away it still seemed it needed a bit more.  Aha!  The pearls in the upper corner and on the heart just draw the eye where it needs to go and looks more complete.  Just a little touch does oh so much. 

yeah..I got an A in poetry in high school.  what can I say?  Open-mouthed smile

2 comments:

  1. what a fun stash of goodies you won. We'll stand by to see what you make with the rest of it. I really like this card. That is such a sweet stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Janeen, so pretty, I love the shabby chic look of it.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.