Friday, February 7, 2014

Stamp #71 Bird Cage and Paper Piercing

Elegance!  It’s simplicity in my books.  I’m not really a frou frou stamper with all kind of added flowers and pop off the card stuff.  Others can pull it off but for me, simple is better.  Like this.  One card two ways.  I started with just a one layer card stamped in Champagne Metallic.  Added the “pole” and sentiment and gold ribbon.  I like it.  Can I make it more elegant?  Yes.  Emboss the bird cage, and sentiment, add a shiny brad and make it a two layer card with dimension by popping up the top layer.  ~~That piercing stencil has been in the drawer longer than I can remember and never been used.  Gasp?  Why not, it’s beautiful.  TIP:  after piercing from the underside, rub a sanding block over the popped holes to really make them nice.

IMG_3519

SUPPLIES:

IMAGE: Gina K Designs~Springtime Silhouette and sentiment

INKS; Encore Metallic Champagne

STENCIL: American Crafts Pierced Ivy

RIBBON: Michaels ~Holiday

3 comments:

  1. Janeen you nailed this one. Simple and Elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try your paper piercing tip with the sanding block. At first glance I didn't notice the different between the two cards. I do like the popped one a bit more as I think the popping added something to it. I don't feel that adding the brad did anything for it though. I mean, you could use it or not. That ribbon is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your piercing really sent this pretty metallic birdcage right over the tip top! Thanks for the sanding tip too. I love this look, but don't do it (my few tries didn't work too well!). Maybe after seeing how gorgeous this one made your already lovely card, might have to look up those templates and try again! TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.