Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stampscapes 72 & 73

I have an order for eight sympathy cards.  StampScapes just lend themselves to peaceful scenes.  So a bit like the other but with different stamps a more definite sentiment front and center.

I stamped the water stamp three different times with different amounts of pressure and off the paper on both sides.  Then the clouds in blue three times across and off the paper.  Just a touch of blue.  The twine seemed a nice finishing touch the bow just added to it.  Don’t worry about that blob on the bow, it’s just crystal effects to keep the bow from coming un-done but I see when I uploaded the picture it wasn’t quite dry yet.  It dries clear and you can’t even see it. IMG_3521

IMAGES: Stampscapes~Waterside Bluff-Cloud-Rowboat

INKS: Spectrum~Desert Heat-SU Bliss Blue-Staz-On

Twine: Michaels which tied very nicely no need for expensive twine.

6 comments:

  1. It is a very serene scene, excellent for a sympathy card. You are right that Stampscapes makes great sympathy cards. You are also right that one does not need expensive twine. I have this stuff called baker's cording--it is thicker. I'm not so sure I much care for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janeen, this is so very lovely, and was a nice reminder of all the Stampscapes I have being lonely in a drawer. Your creative use of the inks on this stamp created such a calming scene and just the right feel for a card of this type. I liked the simplicity of the twine bow and of course the sentiment is such a beautiful font. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you lost in a snow bank somewhere???!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colors! Beautiful sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.