Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Stamp # 119 is CASEING Gina K

For my non-stamping friends.  CASE in stamping land means Copy and Steal Everything.  It’s very legal,  however, There are some unofficial rules to this.  Three things should be changed and credit is ALWAYS given to the original designer.  Got it covered!  ~~

so i saw Gina's card on youtube but couldn't find it on the files at her site.  It was on the video of making insides for the card and it inspired me.  I used a different die, different image, spaced my greeting closer to image and added pearls.  For Cat's Challenge to doodle, i doodle around the white square the butterfly sits on.  I don't know which set this butterfly comes from b/c i won it in a grab bag.  I used my stamp a ma jig to make the sentiment from Springtime Silhouettes vertical instead of stacked.  This is entered into Stamp TV’s Mix it Up Monday Challenge.

Will give you a peek at the inside.  I have always wanted to play with doing a bit more to the insides of cards but it always looked busy to me, when I tried it,  and I didn’t like it.  I love the video Gina showed.  (A very elegant friend of mine lost her mother unexpectedly and I know she will appreciate the detail of this card. )  It’s a funny thing.  When I CASE a card, it takes me longer to make it than it does for me to start completely with my own idea, does this happen to any one else out there?  Even when I try to make more of what I already made it takes longer.  shaking my head in wonderment.I don't know smile

IMG_3750 (599x800)

IMG_3751

SUPPLIES: 

Image and Sentiment: Gina K Designs

Dies: Spellbinders-rectangle layers, Fleur d lis fancy sqare, sqaure layers, MFT~ double scallop

Pearls: Recollections @ Michaels

Ribbon: From Cut Card Stock (so glad I won that ribbon, it’s gorgeous)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I like how the inside and the outside match so well. I have that Fleur de Lis die and now maybe I'll have to CASE you. And I didn't know there were some kind of you have to change 3-things rule.... I think you're making stuff up. I like the elegance of the black and white on this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.