Monday, February 10, 2014

88 & 89 Prickley Pear

IMG_3539

I do adore Prickley Pear Stamps and dies.  Their images fit the little oval frame perfectly.  I stamped the frame and added the frame image.  The umbrella looks paper pieced but it is colored with SU Summer Sun and then I used white gel pen for the dots. I stamped the little duck trio on a scrap of GKD paper and really fussy cut them leaving just a teeny bit to keep them hooked together. I colored their little beaks and feet with SU marker. The negative die cut strip on the left is the same paper the ducks are cut out of.  It too was a scrap.  I used a ruler to draw a couple of offset lines and then my Tim Holtz ruler and paper piercing tool to give a very fine faux stitching to the piece.

I had this wonderful curved stentiment stamp that I have never used.  I stamped it and then lined it up with the snow drift dies from MFT to make my own banner for it.  Used those wonderful stamps on a stick dots in contrasting colors on it to give a bit more movement and texture.  The A-ha was adding the enamel dots that perfectly match the Summer Sun color of the umbrella.

SUPPLIES:

IMAGE: Prickley Pear-Spring Set

EMBOSSING FOLDER:  Cuttlebug

DIES: Prickley Pear~ Small Oval

EMBELLISHMENTS: My Minds Eye Enamel Dots Boy Crazy

Stamped in Night of Navy and sponged in same.

3 comments:

  1. This card is just ducky! Sorry, but I had to say it. It is very cute and I'm grooving on the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Great image and I love how you have used it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color choices. Great card arrangement. The ducklings really finish it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.