Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Stamp #121 & 122 How do I love thee?

IMG_3754

You’re so square, baby!  But I love squares!!  A little 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 card makes the perfect Valentine when it has this much love built into it.

I made it to the Valentine and Love container hidden under the spare bed in the stamping room.  I have a few days to use them but I’m thinking I better start to get some of these love babies into the mail box soon. 

Made this whole thing with scraps.  It’s got a white backing on the other side so makes for a perfect quick card.  I stamped that heart three times and  fussy cut them out of a narrow scrap.  Perfect color for the background paper I used.  by placing the embossed strip across right at that point, it looks like another strip of darker going across the top but, hey, fooled you! 

The little flourish in the corner is the perfect add on to give some oomph to the bottom of this.  The swiss dots on the top heart tie in with the dots in the paper and the same goes for the randomness of the stamped hearts.  kind of mimics the paper.  That’s it for today and I think it is time to start thinking about that bed with it’s wonderful mattress.  Later taters.

SUPPLIES:

Images:  Retired Stamping Up-I don’t know the name of the sets

BG Paper-Amuse

Die:  Kwik Kuts Flourish

Embossing Folder:  Cuttle Bug Edges –sanded to bring out the white

1 comment:

  1. I really like that stamped heart background. It reminds me of a Stampin' Up stamp I have. Very nice card and I like that it isn't the traditional hue of colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.