Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stamps 107/108/109

Seems I never outgrow the need for sympathy cards.  This soft beauty was created with some stamps I won last spring.  I won seven sets at once and haven’t used them all yet.  I have used parts of this set but there are a lot of images with this set and it’s all good.  I started out by cutting the frame with a die cut and using a Hero Art’s shadow stamp for the ducks.  I then inked up the cat tails stamp with two different inks.  Took a scrap and stamped the tops of the cat tails and cut out three of them and outlined them with old olive marker.  Added the sentiment which is from the same set.  I then outlined quite heavily on the frame. It still looked a little too white for me so I grabbed some gelatos and scribbled on my craft mat and spread them out with a water color brush.  I like the softness it added.  Then a spritz of some gold stickles mixed with a bit of water and I painted that on the sky part for a bit of a glittery look.  I used a piece of olive green card stock and cut the frame out and then rounded the corners on opposite corners to just soften the look a bit.  Added some pearl pen in black and there is a gorgeous card.

IMG_3740 (800x595)

SUPPLIES:

IMAGES: Marks Finest Papers Marsh Silhouettes

Sentiment: Same as above stamps

Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Fancy Frame

Dies: MFT Textile Frame

Inks: Hero Arts Shadow Ink Soft Stone and SU Old Olive and More Mustard

Gelatos: Pink Green & Blue

Embellishments: Viva Pearl Pen in Black

2 comments:

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.