Sunday, February 9, 2014

#86 & 87

IMG_3538

Eeeps!! Isn’t this image from High Hopes just so CUTE??? I paper pieced his body with a very subtle green plaid scrap I had, except for his face.  Colored his face and highlights with Copics and he’s ready to step off the card and wish you a WILD birthday. 

The Background is a very old Stampin Up Bamboo stamp that see’s it’s fair share of ink.  I stylused this guy and popped him with dimensionals.  He looks really puffy in real life.  The black oval looked a little stark and I added the Viva pearl drops pen in copper to give it a rough bumpy look that could still be used for a masculine card.  I used the Zig Zag stitch stamp to draw the eye into the card.  Added the twine from Michaels (it’s jewelery making string and does it ever tie nicely) Placement is interesting.  I tried that bow on the left, in the middle and nope, it has to be here, on the right, forming the triangle with the image and the sentiment. Yep, that looks just right.

SUPPLIES:  IMAGE: High Hopes Rhino~ SU ~Bamboo Background Stamp~Technique Tuesday~Hanging by a Thread-Sentiment from Door County Rubber Stamps

DIE: Spellbinders small oval

CARDSTOCK: Base~ Kraft from MFT~Layer: Kraft from MFP

Viva Pearl Pen: Copper

COLORING MEDIUM: Copics

2 comments:

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.