Saturday, February 8, 2014

Let’s warm UP with stamp #106

Got home from GA.  It wasn’t really warm down there either.  They had a cold spell and it was rainy and cloudy most of my week away from the frozen tundra.  Back home it’s sunny these days but colder than an ice box.  Minus ten when I looked this morning.  Weather report says bitter cold for today, arctic cold for tomorrow and then back up to bitter cold on Monday.  It’s actually starting to be funny so I think my brain cells are now frozen.

IMG_3739 (800x600)

I made this for my sis-in-love.  She is a dear, the one I went to Canada with.  She likes to be warm too.  Her bday is so close to Valentines day I thought the heart was a nice touch for her.  Also the paper pieced scarf and then a touch of “wool” for the bow.

I made that heart with a stencil I  cut from the MFT blueprint die several weeks ago and just couldn’t find a way to put anything together with it.  Glad I didn’t cuz it was perfect for this card. I used a translucent glaze to fill the stencil heart cut I made.

I am entering this in the Simon Says Wednesday Have a Heart challenge.

Supplies:

Image: The Cat’s Pajamas (isn’t he cauuutteee?)

Dies: Parts of Blue Prints 4 and 6

other items unknown.  Colored with copics.

oh, by the way, I did notice that little smudge off to the right of the card a I took an adhesive eraser to it and cleaned it right up.  It looks all white and nice now.  Smile  (little tricks of the trade)

3 comments:

  1. What a fun cute card! I like the designer paper that looks like all sorts of stitching. That really goes well with it. I love the greeting. I wish I felt warm and toasty and I can't even blame bitter cold and certainly not arctic cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fabulous cute card Janeen.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.