Sunday, February 9, 2014

Having Fun with Prickley Pear

Okay, so this post doesn’t count towards my countdown of stamps.  This was made while visiting my friend and sister (well, she seems like a sister to me) Angie Bode from http://stampingbowd.blogspot.com/  We had such a fun time together, shopping, stamping, chatting, sharing.  We have been cyber friends for over two years and it just seemed perfect timing to go and visit her after surprising my mom for her birthday.

angiestamproom

It was pretty amazing to step into someone else’s craft room and just pick up and be able to start creating.  We are more alike than we know, she and I.  So here we are both working on Prickley Pear designs and they both turned out differently and yet so fun to put them together.  This was my first time using distress markers from Tim Holtz.  Interesting experience.  I think they work really well on watercolor paper but regular markers seem to give a better blend on regular card stock.  I would like to play with them some more though.

Here’s a picture of the finished product and if you stop on over to Angie’s blog you can see her finished product too.  We both agree, Prickley Pear does a great job with their images and dies. angHere is a snippet of the card she created using a similar image from Prickley Pear.   Smile

IMG_3733The scallop oval die is Prickley Pear and the other flower die and flourish are from MFT.

3 comments:

  1. Morning friend!!!! I will be away much of today so thought I would hop on over and say a quick hello! Your Bailey turned out so sweet! I love her green eyes and the tag is so fun. You found the perfect flower set to add to lend more Irish charm! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my lucky charm! I love that greeting on your stamp. That is such a Prickley Pear card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings, me girl, I love your wee shamrock card!! And what a great photo! TFS! There is nothing better than crafting sister friends!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.