Saturday, February 15, 2014

Stamp 138 Another Gina K Designs

I needed a Congratulatory card for my niece and hubby who just bought their first home.  This piece of hounds tooth scrap already scalloped was lying in my “too good to not use it up pile” on the side of my desk.  Since Gina’s Challenge is to use a double border on a card I wanted to incorporate this scrap and that is what I picked up and started with.  I didn’t even KNOW I was going to make this kind of card.  Just picked up the two scraps and started.  Glued them together and went digging in my GKD stash of  stamps to find an image  that might go with that hounds tooth pattern. 

IMG_3796 (800x595)

On finding the couch I knew I had the right image and the type of card was born.  I looked in my yellow scraps and found this chevron pattern in just the right size for this image and now I have a beautiful couch.  The rest just kind of fell together.  For some reason the fringed twill looks crooked on the picture but in real life it is as straight as can be.  don’t really know what to do about that on the pic. 

SUPPLIES:

Image and Sentiments:  Gina K Designs

Dies:  MFT BluePrints

Scraps of unknown sources.

Technorati Tags: ,,,

4 comments:

  1. Guess what, I went to my blogger to click your link and your card is the first one on my reading list! Talk about great timing! What an awesome card! LOVE the couch and the fibers you added! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, and what a great sentiment to go with the image. Nothing says home like a comfy sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, Janeen! I love it when my hands just go where Mr. Mojo steers them! Your scraps ended up working great in this perfect new home card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this! I LOVE the fringed piece. I swear you stole that from a tablecloth or table runner or whatever those things are called that was in the living room when we were kids. Anyway, it totally FITS with the couch. The herringbone pattern just adds a bit a quirk to this card. So fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.