Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Using Stencils

I love the look of stencils and I have a drawer full of them.  I need to remember to pull them out more often.  We have an elderly couple here having their 63rd anniversary.  Thought they would enjoy this.

I was trying out some new pearlized paste.  I heated it while it was still a bit damp and it bubbled all up 3-D like.  I had spritzed the black bacground with a homemade glitter spritz and then the pearlized effect of the paste is WOW!!  Pretty!  For a bit of color I just touched up the water and one swan with chalks which stuck well to the paste even after it was completely dried.  And now….I think I hear the house calling my name…clean me, clean me.  I am entering this in Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge to use paste.  Also entering into Dream Weavers anything that flutters.  Swans have wings, they flutter, right?

IMG_3891 (800x598)

SUPPLIES:

Dream Weaver Stencil

Dream Weaver Pearlized Embossing paste

Die: MFT Sentiment banner

Punch: SU Scallop

SU Chalks

Sentiment: Hero Arts Clear

5 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card! Thank you for joining the February Flutters challenge at Dreamweaver Stencils...this was a very appropriate card for the occasion. Hope your friends love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card, perfect for the anniversary couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very pretty. As graceful as swans look on the water, I don't really picture them being fluttery, but like you said, they have wings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card! The swans look so pretty, all shimmery and gracefully. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janeen, you have won the random drawing for the Dreamweaver Stencils challenge February Flutters. Go to our blog to find out more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.