Saturday, February 15, 2014

it feels like spring at 21 degrees

Stamps 134-135  Entering this into the MFT Color Challenge.  This image is actually two different stamps by Judith.  There is a skirt bottom and also a boys bottom and then the newspaper with the hands is a separate stamp.  I stamped the newspaper image and cut it out to give a bit more layer to the ovals.

 IMG_3786 (585x800)I think I found my new favorite company for cardstock.  I love the MFT colors and how they work so well together. Just a tip.  When making a scalloped strip on your Big Shot or Cuttlebug, it worked well to take the Cardstock and score it at two of the 1/4 lines and then line the die up with the scored line, tape it with removable tape,  and run it through.  Line it up with the other scored line, tape it and run it through.  Then your strip will be even on both ends.

SUPPLIES:

Images: Stamps by Judith

Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Medium Dots

Punch: Martha Stewart

Dies: My Favorite Things~Oval Stax2 and Mini Scallop Edge

Ric Rac:  my stash

Copics

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card! You know I am still shaking my head that 21 feels like spring! Love the pretty color CS and the fun ric rac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great tip! I can rarely get a nice double sided EVEN strip like that so I will have to try your suggestion. I love this card but I have to confess that at first I thought the image was a person sitting on the commode and reading, which isn't particularly spring-like in my mind.... but never mind about my mind. We've had nice warmy weather here (21 x 4) but people are afraid to garden or work in their lawns.... "February and March are psychotic! You can't trust them to not have another freeze!" And they are right. I pulled all my plants away from the house but did not put their sheets away yet (for covering them when it hits a freeze) and I told hubby he may have to help me drag them back up close to the house.... Nope, we don't trust Februay and March is a little shifty too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.