Monday, February 24, 2014

#146 SU Asian Flower

I love this flower but since it had no stem it hardly ever got used.  I watched this video  and wanted to try this technique but I KNEW better than to try it first on a detailed image.  I went looking in my stash for something a bit more wide open and this flower jumped out at me. I painted three of them and cut them out fussy cut style.  Simple but enough detail to work with the shading.  I had fun coloring it using my Stampin Up Markers and a blender pen but not Dove.  I thought I had some Doves hanging around.  I found the invoice for them today, but can’t find the pens.  Where did I put those things?

a great tutorial
  This just said Luau to me and I proceeded to cut me some banner flags and tape them on the little string of bakers twine.

IMG_3887 (800x600)

 

 

 

 

 

 

SUPPLIES:

Image: Stampin Up  Sentiment: Partial Hero Arts inked up

Recollections: Home made paper

Dies: Sizzix Banner dies

2 comments:

  1. Great coloring on those flowers! You've definitely got that technique licked. You are right that the card looks like a festive luau! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this fun!!!! I love the banner and twine!!! Love that gorgeous paper! I still need to get mine out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.