Saturday, February 1, 2014

Just a Sentiment

IMG_3520

This started out from that little square of red down in the corner.  Yep, I just can’t seem to throw scraps away.  It was cut perfectly for a little framed piece of art.  I ran the solid side through the Cuttlebug folder and then added a piece of black with white smeared on it for a little chalkboard effect.  I ran a sanding block over the paper to make the little hearts pop.  Then I ran a piece of Kraft through the Big Shot with the same folder and cut a banner out of another scrap.  A piece of scrap for the die cut Hi  and voila` the scraps become a card.

Sentiment is Hero Arts Clear Stamps

Die cut is from MFT Happy Hellos.  Provo Craft embossing folder.  Viva Pearl pen in black.  Love, from Me! 

4 comments:

  1. Really cute! A nice clean and simple card. Nice going Janeen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure enough, no stamping on there. I didn't even notice the lack of it until I noticed at the bottom of your post. I like the sanded bits. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful snippets card, so beautifully done. You need to start visiting Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground (http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/) if you don't already know about it. This is just exactly the type of card to enter into the challenge. Rules are simple: use snippets (or scraps as we USA folk call 'em). Love the contrast of your textured & embossed dp with the pops of navy & white and that very modern looking font on the Hi! Great card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your chalkboard effect! LOVE the "Hi" in that color! Pretty embossing too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.