Thursday, January 30, 2014

Stamp #70 is a stitching stamp

Doesn’t it look real?  That zig-zag stitch?  That’s one thing I don’t do. Stitch on cards for real.  Any stitching you see on my cards will be Faux Stitching.  A long time ago I bought these Technique Tuesday stitches and truth be told I have never really used them.  They were too short and then I found this, recently.  http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/the-10291/Fiskars-STAMPING-PRESS-Stamp/Detail  Oh yeah, that makes “stitching” really easy.  Line it up with the grids and press away. 

Using Amuse back ground paper and MFT Blueprints 4 this card came together nicely.  All the die cut pieces are from that set.  I used a plastic banner stencil on the scalloped piece of Coredinations to give a little fun to the strip.  Then ran the vanilla cardstock through with a tiny dots stencil. Lots of interest going on in this card that makes me love it.

IMG_3518 SUPPLIES:

STAMP: Technique Tuesday ~Hanging by a thread

STENCILS: MFT~Swiss Dots- The Crafters Workshop~Mini Circus Banners

DIES: MFT ~Blueprints 4  & 6 – Provo Craft ~Hello Friend

EMBELLISHMENTS: Trendy Tape and Viva Pearl Pen in Black, Baker’s Twine unknown

Amuse paper, Coredinations Cardstock

3 comments:

  1. This card reminds me of the country. I would live where my nearest neighbor is a mile away. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card has lots of patterns and textures that go together very nicely. Faux stitching ROCKS! Real stitching... yeah, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janeen! That's MY kind of stitching! :) I think we had the "I strongly dislike the sewing machine" conversation! I am super impressed with that stamp. Gorgeous card altogether!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.