Thursday, January 9, 2014

It’s ice knowing you

Stamps 35 and 36  My brother says he wants to come up and fish with me.  He lives in AL.  I don’t think he meant ice-fishing but I thought this would be a perfect card for him.  I clipped a little calendar from last years calendar and circled the date for him.  When I first stamped this guy, I thought he looked kind of grim, like he wasn’t really enjoying the icy weather, but as soon as I stamped and cut out and put a mess of fish by him, I do believe I saw that smile appear.  I cut a slit in the ice and stuck a fish in there on the underside, then add crystal effects and stick the little fishies to it.  After adding the ribbon I thought it still needed a little touch of something.  I took a marker and made very light lines across.  It almost looks crimped and was just what I was trying to achieve.  I think I am now finished with the snowmen!  Whew!!  not sure though, one still might be hiding somewhere. IMG_3427

SUPPLIES:

Image: The Stamp Pad Company, Fish: SU Tropical Penguins

Ribbon: Creative Memories Double sided paper ribbon

SU Marker light green

Sentiment: Simon Says Sentiments Plus and don’t know whose the HB stamp is

Crystal glaze added for ice

Sky is daubed with Brilliance metallic pad and a touch of summer sun

Color Medium: Copics

2 comments:

  1. That snowman is concentrating hard on his fishing duties. He's a cute stamp, definitely different. That's such a great personalized card to send to your brother. Having fun fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love your ice!!! The Crystal effects is awesome on this card! A perfect birthday card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.