Thursday, January 9, 2014

Snowmen Galore #34

Laughing to myself.  When you make snow man after snowman card, HOW do you get them to look different from one another?  Well, I never know what is going to come out of these fingers until I start.  For this sweet little fellow, because he has some big areas to him, I thought paper piecing would be a fun technique.  Grab the envie of red scraps and set to work.  I used Fun Flock on his hat.  Do you remember that stuff?   Isn’t he adorable?  I kind of thought I wanted him to be inside the window, as in glued down to the sentiment panel but once I cut the cathedral window for him, well I just had to place him as if his hands are holding on to the sill.  The card was fine like that but I wanted to see what an added button would do, in black of course, after all it IS a snowman.  With a scrap of red tied in it just said YES to me.  So there you have it. He is actually glued to the outside of the card.  I made a backing for him because the copics bled through. IMG_3426

SUPPLIES:

Image: D.O.T.S  Peekin’ Josh

Embellishments: Random button, twine and scrap ribbon,random scrap papers

Sentiment:  from MFT Who’s That Girl-Snowman

White Flock on his hat.

Dies:  MFT Blue Print 3

Technique: Paper Piecing

Color Medium: Copics

1 comment:

  1. I think that is why I've shied away from snowman in the past.... what do you do to make them different? and aren't they just white? Well... you do different things to make them different and no they aren't just white. So yippeee for snowmen! And yippeee for your card. That was a neat idea to put him in the window like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.