Monday, January 13, 2014

it’s still winter in wisconsin Stamps #41,42, 43,44

Brrr…it’s a beautiful looking day today with 36 degree and sunshine but the wind is c.o.l.d.  It’s warm in the stamping room though and here is another wintery card for you.  I’m in love with how this turned out.  by stamping the trees in the middle a bit darker they pop off the card and look three dimensional in real life.  I went to bed wondering how to use this icecicle stamp that has never seen ink.  Neither have the pine trees for that matter.  Another set from MFP design team days. I do love how their stamps STAMP.  they are polymer stamps but they take the ink so very nicely.

I stamped the icys in VersaMark and then did Ombre sponging down the card.  I stamped the pine trees three times.  The center ones I stamped a bit farther down and off the card stock to give the illusion of depth.  Both sides were stamped a bit off the cardstock also.

I have been wanting to use his Martha Stewart ribbon and this seemed the perfect time, laced through a Tim Holtz button.   Still not looking complete.  oh I love that flower soft for winter scenes.  the trick?  I lightly apply the glue with a tooth pick so the flower soft doesn’t blob on.   Next the sentiment; and still a bit bare.  I fixed that with my two favorite Judith stamps on a stick.  The five dots and the snowflake.  I put a few flakes up into the icys to bring them down into the picture more.  Subtle but amazing difference.    This card could be used as a holiday card or up here in WI I could sent it for nine months out of the year.  Smile:)  I am entering this into Simon Says Anything Goes for Monday Challenge

IMG_3441SUPPLIES:

Mark’s Finest Papers images: Ice and Snow; New Pines

Judith Stamps:  on a stick five dots and small snow flake

Button: Tim Holtz

Ribbon: Martha Stewert

Flower Soft

Inks: SU Old Olive and Garden Green, Ranger Broken China Distress ink

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and found my way here from the lovely Darnells blog, now following you have made some great things huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet design Janeen love the colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a chill just looking at this card. You really captured the cold feel of winter with this card. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!!! Your trees are so pretty all covered with snow! I love the button embellishment too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is still winter!m
    Did you see the Simon Says challenge is winter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking in to see if it is *still* winter there.... I'm hopeful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha! It's till winter in my hometown, too! In fact, we shoveled about two feet of snow off the driveway last week. So I hear you! But I absolutely love this card you made to commemorate all that wintery goodness! You used so many clever techniques on this card and the ombre effect with the icicles at the top was genius! I love how the trees pop out and the ribbon and button add just the right bit of dimension. It's a stunning card from top to bottom and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.