Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sympathy #66 Blue Jay

 

You can’t go wrong with Gina K Design stamps. I haven’t tried any of her clear ones yet but they sure are on my Wish List.  The high quality rubber just stamps so beautifully.  I entered this into the challenge on the StampTV site.  The challenge was to make it sparkly.  Those little red rhinestones came in handy.  My drawer of that kind of bling is finally seeing a dent.  This was the last of those little bling flowers.  That makes me sad.  Someone asked me if I buy things and then don’t use them because I am saving them for a special person or special card?  Uhm, yeah I have been in that mode a long time ago but I now feel each card I make is special and for someone special so USE IT UP.

IMG_3508 (674x800)

SUPPLIES:

IMAGE: Gina K Designs~ Winter Wings and sentiment is from same set

EMBOSSING FOLDER: SIZZIX TIME HOLTZ~Wood Graind

DIES: MFT~Sentiment Strips~Spellbinders Small Ovals

DP: Paper Studio ~ Pocket full of Posies

INKS: Ranger Distress Ink Broken China

COLOR MEDIUM: Copics

2 comments:

  1. Use it up! That's the way to go for sure. I bought a bunch of "handmade" fancy papers and then didn't want to use them, I wanted to save them for that special occasion, that special person, that special card.... then later they were ruined by grit (like dirt and sand not the food those southerners eat) and all I could do with them is throw them away. So I'm learning too,... use it up! Or possibly lose it. Better to use it than throw it away unused. Anyway, gorgeous card. Great colors and textures to bring out the nature theme.

    And the grit if you must know came in through the swamp cooler. And a swamp cooler is a cheap way to cool your air but doesn't work in humidity. That's why people with swamp coolers gloat about their cheap electric bills March through June but then we taunt them in July and August when it is too humid for them to work and they're miserable. Aren't you glad you asked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card...nice coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.