Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Soft Beauty

IMG_3563IMG_3566If you click on the photos you can bring them up for a closer look.  I fully intended to go into the stamp room and use my 100th stamp for 2014.  But I got sidetracked because of the STENCILED on line class I took.  Last night I made the mixed media panel with translucent embossing paste and a pale pink gelato stick.  I set it aside to dry and forgot I had made it.  Until I walked into the stamp room and it just called out to me.  The entire idea of this card came from a card that Debbi Hughes did for us in the class but the end result is a lot different than the one she made.  I am in love with this card.  It is everything I have ever hoped I could make when I began stamping years ago.  I can’t describe my feelings for it.  I appreciate Debbi showing us step by step how to make a fabulous creation but the beauty is when you do it yourself and you can’t do what she did because not having the same supplies but the end result….I’m just shaking my head with a happy contented sigh.

After making the mixed media panel.  I took a piece of heavy vellum and smeared white pigment ink on it.  Took some Utee and sprinkled that on and heat embossed it a lot, until it was liquid and could be moved about on the vellum with the air from the heat gun.  After getting that nice and smooth and letting it dry, I  then die cut it with a sizzlets leaf die. White shiny leaves to play with.  I cut it twice and used portions of the second one to fill in some spots.  Then die cut the same leaf out of thin chip board (think cereal box)  I misted the panel with my own smooch sprays in pale pink and gold.  Then dribbled a few dots of spray ink onto the panel and sprayed with water to soften the dots.  Using my dots on a stick I also added in just a touch of olive green dots. I used a piece of coiling ribbon that I cut into two strips for a soft thin effect and put that under the butterfly.  I sprayed the butter fly with Dylusions Bubble gum spray on both sides and then smooched him too.  I rounded the corners and adhered the panel to a piece of Kraft for a beautiful poetic art piece, if I do say so myself.  Smile 

SUPPLIES:

DIES: Sizzix leaf sizzlet, Christy Butterfly Simon Says

MFT: Scallop Stencil

Translucent embossing paste, gelato in light pink, corner chomper 1/2 in, coiling ribbon, Dylusions spray in Bubblegum, Homemade smooch glitter sprays, Pearl: SU, sequins

7 comments:

  1. beautiful card! someday I will find time to play with stencils?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janeen, this is stunning!!!! I love the stencil and the die cuts so perfectly placed! This is really gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost missed this creation. I love butterflies and I love birding. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful, Janeen! For that extra special someone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am loving this. I am in that class, have been seeing everybody's homework, and have not had time to even view the videos as yet! This is uber beautiful, and now I can't wait to see your inspiration card. You did a fantastic job on this one, and I enjoyed reading the specs too! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your designs are beautiful Janeen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you breaking out the sprays and all sorts of techniques! This is a fabulous card. I can see why you are so proud of it. Nifty, nifty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.