Saturday, January 11, 2014

Can we say MASCULINE?

IMG_343938, 39 40—counting stamps for sure.  This set came from Mark’s Finest Papers when I was on their design team.  I think I used the snowflake when I had to make a card for them.  It is a set that I couldn’t love when I received it and I have never used more than the snowflake.  (watch for more pieces from this set…hmmmmmm….I still don’t care for the set, it’s going to go bye-bye also.  BUT……I like the way this turned out so I may have to keep just for certain guys.

What to do when you pick up a set and it just doesn’t appeal to you?  You INK it up and see what happens.  I stamped in Memento brown and hmmmm not so bad, then the deer, and then because we saw THIS kind of beauty today, the inspiration struck.  IMG_3436 (800x599)IMG_3437  (Scroll down please for the details)

Thought process:  how to do this without making it looks so BLACK as silhouette stamps are not my favorite to work with.  The brown took care of that then the black for the deer so he stood out.  Add the flower soft for snow.  Not looking so bad.  Cut it down and hmmmm…it needs a background.  The steel grey worked perfectly, again, I didn’t want the harshness of black. 

Tried to mount this onto Close to Cocoa cardstock, it looked so – so.  Aha!  I have that new wood grain back ground stamp from MFT.  Now the black comes into play.  I love the contrast it gives.  Ribbon??  well, I think I have something that will work; now mount the image panel with thick dimensionals and the final touch two silver square brads in the corner.  They look grey on here but they are silver.  So that’s how a masculine card came to be born and…I may just keep this stamp set after all.    Thanks for stopping by my ramblings.   I have never seen a winter day as beautiful as the one we had today.  No sun but that snow hung onto the hoar frost that developed yesterday and oh my word, the beauty took a person’s breath away.  Thank you, God.   SUPPLIES:  Image:  Marks Finest Papers Ice and Snow, MFT Wood grain BG; Ribbon:  SU; Inks: Memento and BG is Versafine; Brads: unknown source; Sentiment:  Simon Says Sentiments Plus; White Embossing Powder.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Janeen! Just stopped by from Darnel's blog to check your blog. Very nice. love the cards. Not a card maker myself but my better half is. Just about all of the hand colored images she uses are my work. Teamwork! Brrrr! I'm getting cold just looking at the winter pictures. Will stop by from time to time to see some of your work. Excuse the typing mistakes. its 2:39 am. going back to bed. Nice blog. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also stopping by from Darnell's blog. Welcome to blogland! Your masculine card is really handsome. Your photos are making me COLD just looking at them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful winter pics! A great masculine card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your masculine card. Sometimes they are really hard to do and I don't have a lot of stamps for men cards. Your trees look just like what we had too. So much snow and so very cold here. So glad to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heck! Those photos look so *COLD*! But they are also breathtakingly beautiful! I had to chuckle at the not loving the set. I have one on my desk now that is the same way. I'm trying to force myself to use it but it makes me cranky. I think you came up with a goodie with this card. I definitely rocks the masculinity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janeen, this makes me smile!!! I WON this set from MFP! Phew that seems like a LONG time ago!!!! You did a very nice job with it! Love your inspiration photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made a great card...and I like your pics...even though we have seen a lot of icy trees in our area too. smile..but your pictures are just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.