Thursday, January 16, 2014

All Aboard Train #47

I got this beautiful image from Door County Rubber Stamps this past year.  It hadn’t seen ink yet.  I guess I was thinking it would make wonderful holiday cards but I had too many other things that were new that I wanted to use for all those cards.  Maybe this year I can mass produce these.  Showing you a one layer card.  Yep, it’s one layer.  I cut a mask and laid it over the image and then outlined it with a black marker.  It looks matted but it’s not.  Grab the copics and start adding just a hint of color.  I couldn’t make all this black and white “pop”.  Add some stickles.  Yep that helps a lot.  (hint) I learned from someone to squeeze a blob of stickles on my craft mat and then use a small paint brush to apply.  oh I Red heart that tip!! Much more control and quicker.  Now spritz a hint of yellow home made smooch and add those pearl accents and I’m read to roll.  All Aboard!!  ahem…I can see I had a wee bit too much coffee this morning the way those pearls turned out on the bottom.  Whee…calm me down, brother.

Going to post this over on Simplicity’s One Layer challenge—I love Susan Rahilia!  Also entered into Simon Says Anything Goes Challenge for Monday.

IMG_3477

SUPPLIES: Image –Northwoods Rubber Stamps

EMBELLISHMENTS: Viva Pearl Pen in Black

Homemade smooch (that’s SMooch not Hooch)

COLOR MEDIUM Copics

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea that was one layer. That is a great stamp, for being so big it doesn't take a lot of coloring. Just a hint will do. Great tip on the Stickles. I've sploshed out a blob of it on what I want to glitter and moved the glitter around with a toothpick. A little paintbrush would probably be much easier! And nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Amazing job coloring the beautiful image! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME faux layer!!! That image needs a frame of sorts, and you found a way to do it Great image, and wonderful job coloring! Thanks so much for playing the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.