Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sympathy 74

These will run a bit out of order as I am posting ahead for when I am gone and still want to post a daily made card too.  I am in the process of making several cards for an order that came in.  You will see quite a few sympathy cards that will be going to a gift shop.  I have rarely used this set of SU flowers as it was a set given to me by my daughter’s mother-in-law when she got out of the stamping mode.  So not really my style but I do like the way this one stamped.  It has to be stamped in color to make it stand out.  If you use black it’s too much line and not enough detail that shows.  I stamped it in Olive green and then colored it with SU markers and a blender pen.  I mixed a couple of the pinks together on my craft mat and then just applied with the blender pen. A mat in a bit darker shade than the olive and a ribbon from SU that matched the rose perfectly.  I almost put that sentiment in the give away box the other day.  It is a cube and rarely gets used, however it was perfect for this, and so it stays.  Sigh….it’s so hard to let go of things.  Using a Viva Pearl pen in Salmon to up the elegance a little and there you have a nice card.  I guess I gave all the details in the write up and saving myself some time that’s going to be the list for this gem.  Thanks for stopping by. 

IMG_3523

1 comment:

  1. This is a very delicate and pretty. It is a great greeting stamp. I get what you mean about those cube stamps. I have some and never thing to use them. I'm glad that fad faded.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.