Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Stamp #25 Monochromatic

I am jumping ahead in my stamps to participate in a the Monochromatic challenge over at StampTV.  You are required to use one of their images.  I went through and pulled out shades of purple to make this card with.  I used my BIG butterfly stencil from Dream Weavers. (they make the BEST metal stencils) I ran the stencil and back ground paper through the big shot off center and then sponged over the stencil with Lavender Lace.

Using one of the many images from Spring Time Silhouette from Gina K Designs I stamped it in Lavender Lace onto the lavender lace cardstock piece. I then used my lacy punch to add some softness to the piece.  We are talking butterflies, after all.  I rounded the top edges of all the pieces for a softer look also.   I scored with my scor-buddy and then used Lavendar Spica pen to make the sewing.  A piece of Lilac ribbon stretches over both pieces.  The matting piece is Egg Plant envy, Stampin’ Up.  For the sentiment banner I stamped the GKD sentiment from same set onto vellum and cut it out with a Sizzix banner die.  Added a SU eyelet (yes I still have a lot of them left)  and tied it to the main ribbon with embroidery thread.

IMG_3415 (590x800)

Supplies:  BG paper from Door County Rubber Stamps

Card Stock:  SU Lavender Lace and Eggplant Envy

Ribbon: SU Lovely Lilac and embroidery floss from stash

Stamped Images: Gina K Designs-StampTV

Stencil: Dream Weavers

Punch: Martha Stewart

Inks:  SU Lavender Lace

Spica Pen: Lavender

Gems: Michaels Recollections

Clear embossing powder

Vellum: SU

1 comment:

  1. You are a whiz at getting a nice embossed piece from a brass stencil in your machine. I finally gave up that line of madness. I love those SU eyelets and have quite the stash myself. I remember when they came out and I screamed at anyone who would listen that they were the best eyelets ever. I still think that. I love your lovely purple card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.