Sunday, January 5, 2014

Snowy Get Well–Stamp 11

One of my favorite Uncles needs a get well card. Guy cards,  always a challenge, but this went together ever so nicely.  I have made three masculine cards today.  Whoo-hoo, must be some kind of record.  I scored every 1/2 inch and curved my sentiment to fit the circle.  Don’t you just love clear stamps that you can do that with.  It looked unfinished and I added the black dots with a ruler.  love it now. I cut several of those tags out of glitter paper scraps.  Frugal is my middle name. Smile

IMG_3384IMG_3383 I tried taking the darker photo to see if that beautiful snowflake would show up better.  Not sure if it does.  Anyway, I really like how this turned out. 

Supplies used:

Warm Winter Wishes large snowflake from SU

Spellbinders circle dies

MFT Blue Prints #1 for the hinges

MFT Blue Prints 3 for the cardstock ribbon

GinaK black brads

Scor buddy

Black marker

PSE Snowflake Sparkle Embossing Powder

Hero Arts Clear Sentiment

Michaels glitter paper

Tim Holtz Distress ink Broken China

Tip to self:  my detail black embossing powder would not emboss for several times, for a couple of years.  This time I used VersaMark and THEN stamped the sentiment into the Versafine ink pad.  Voila` Beautiful embossing of the detail letters.  Love when that happens.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to tell but you can get the idea of all the detail in that snowflake stamp. Somethings are so hard to get to photograph well... like that sparkly power. I like the scored lines in the background. That's a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.