Thursday, January 30, 2014

and the last card before leaving for Alabama #105

Entering this card into the MFT Wednesday Challenge 161 I had to make this so quickly as I was leaving for Alabama but I wanted to get in on that sketch challenge.  I put this together in about thirty minutes  That’s what I love about sketch challenges half the work is done for you.   I first started with the striped piece cutting it with an MFT die and running it through the big shot with a cuttlebug folder.  I cut the light blue piece with a Flag and cut the top piece off and scored it and then reattached it for some interest.  I added very subtle sponging to the image layer and stamped with blue stazon and since the image made a tiny mark when I stamped it I covered it with a teeny little star and that seemed just perfect.

IMG_3573

3 comments:

  1. Perfect Janeen. Quickly done or not, it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful quick card. Have safe travels, it's a crazy world out there. I like all the layers you have their from the sketch. I have to stop looking at these CAS sketches so I can learn to make fun layers like this. My brain don't think of them without help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another super encouraging sympathy card! The embossed flag banner is such a fun effect and I DO love those trees!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.