Friday, January 17, 2014

Cardinals in Winter #55 & 56

IMG_3495

IMG_3496Finishing up the Cardinals in Winter set.  Oh this is definitely a keeper set.  I love birds and up here in the North woods where there is so much white space in the winter they are a welcome site in our pine trees.  I am entering this into Simon Says Emboss It Wednesday challenge for this week.  It’s a simple card with lots of WoW to it.  To create depth to the frame, I ran two pieces of cardstock through the Big shot.  I stamped directly on one piece and then used an oval die to cut out the second piece. I then ran a black marker around the inside of the oval to make it stand out a bit more against the white. Next step was to line the two pieces up and glue them together.  Layer onto mats and there you have it.

I used the smaller stamp on the inside of the card as a shadow image to tie inside and outside together a bit.

SUPPLIES:

IMAGE: Mark’s Finest Papers: Cardinals in Winter-Outside sentiment is also MFP from Flourishes set. Inside is retired SU sentiment

Cuttlebug Embossing Folder –Scrollwork

COLOR MEDIUM: Staedler Water Color Pencils and Tombow Blender Pen

EMBELLISHMENTS:  Candies

DIES: My Favorite Things Oval Stax 1

2 comments:

  1. This stamp is definitely a keeper. Such a gorgeous card. I have a cardinal who comes and hangs out at my bird feeder. He flits around so fast you barely see him. I hear him and his distinctive sound more often than I see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Janeen!! The embossed frame looks very stylish and sophisticated and the bird looks so pretty and cute! :) Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.